This site is my collection of treasures. It contains things that are or have been important to me. I present them here in the hope that they may be of interest of you as well. The site had two main sections: a blog and my projects.
The blog is my on again, off again attempt at writing. Like the vast majority of bloggers, I started out with great enthusiasm. And like many of them, my regular output dwindled to a trickle with years separating entries. Still, I persist. The blog started out being about writing. Now it covers a wide range of subjects.
The projects section is a collection of my interests. Some are useful, some are just entertaining. A couple are large enough to have web sites of their own.
- 23 May 2016
- I've moved this site to Digital Ocean, the same location as my amcolan site. I stopped using HostGator for email so there was no reason to leave my site on their servers.
- 23 Dec 2015
- I've incorporated a hidden page on English history into the site structure. You can find it in Projects.
- 4 Feb 2015
- Some of the old content is back. I added a cocktails page. It's now limited to cocktails I've created or modified. I also added back the family paintings pages. Photography is a new page. I'm dropping my stand alone site and moving some of the content here.
- 28 Jan 2015
- I've moved this site to the Internet Service Provider (ISP) Hostgator. It looked fine in the preview. I'll be doing some testing to make everything is working. Then it's on to the changes.
- 14 Jan 2015
- I'm moving! This site and amcolan.info are in the process of being moved to a new provider. I'm converting amcolan from the Symfony framework to Ruby on Rails at the same time. Once the move is complete, I'll be adding new content to this site. As some point, my photography site will be dropped. I still do photography, just not as a profession.
- 4 Aug 2012
- The blog has now gone live. The fist post explains why I'm writing it. I had been thinking about starting it for awhile, but I didn't want to begin without a queue of posts ready to go. Once you create a blog, you should post to it on a regular basis.
- 26 May 2012
- After about fifteen years since this site's inception, I've finally done a complete redesign.
A lot of the pages from the old version are missing from this one. Some of the old content will be back.